Steps to Add Users #
If you need to add other users to a site follow these steps:
- Make sure the user you want to add has created an account on the Sites@UMW platform.
- If they need an account direct them to the sign-up page and have them select the “Just a User Account” button if the user only wants to be added to your site.
- On the dashboard of the site you want to add the user go to Users > Add New.
- Fill in the e-mail address of the user and select what role they should have on your site. Click “Add Existing User” button when done.
- The user will be e-mailed an invitation to your site that they’ll need to accept.
What are roles? #
Each role has a different purpose and different privileges. To learn more, read the WordPress guide on roles and their capabilities.
- Administrator (slug: ‘administrator’) – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor (slug: ‘editor’) – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author (slug: ‘author’) – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor (slug: ‘contributor’) – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber (slug: ‘subscriber’) – somebody who can only manage their profile.
How can users login? #
Once users are added to your site they can go to the web building landing page and click the Sites@UMW Sign-In Button at the top of the page. On the dashboard they should be able to access find the link to access the dashboard of the site you’ve added them to.