Introduction to the Control Panel
What is the control panel?
What can you find on the control panel?
You can find a lot of tools on the Control Panel but the most widely used tools and areas are:
- My Applications – where you can see all of your sites
- Installatron – to install applications like WordPress
- Subdomains – to create subdomains
- File Manager – allows you to access files on your web hosting account
- phpMyAdmin – allows you to access databases on your web hosting account
While the interface may seem intimidating, you can minimize areas that you do not plan on using or use often.
cPanel is divided up into different sections such as Files, Databases, Domains, and Web Applications. There are several sections you may not be interested in using, and therefore, do not want to see. To hide those sections, click the minus (-) sign on the section’s bar and that area will minimize. You can do this to as many sections as you’d like. To open them again, click the plus (+) sign. The sections you minimize will stay minimized the next time you log into Domain of One’s Own.